Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Born 2 Run Challenge

Charlie 'competed' in the Lane Pregnancy Support Center
2nd Annual Born to Run Challenge on May 30th.

It was a 5K/15K Run/Walk.
I chose to run in the 15K (9.3 miles). I trained for about 1 month and was feeling very confident. I estimated that I would finish in 1 hr 45 min at the earliest, I beat that and finished at 1 hr 40 min.
However evidently there are a lot of serious runners out there, I finished 43rd out of 48.
That was a bit humbling to say the least, I'm confident I'll do better next time.

Even though I concentrated on trying to beat others & just doing my best, that wasn't the reason for the race.

This was a fundraising event to benefit the most innocent, unborn babies.
It was such an honor to be a part of something much bigger and have a great impact on the innocent, lost & hurting.

The estimated amount that this marathon raised for the center was around $7, 000. Awesome!!
Prayerfully it will go along way.




My cheering section.
Alexis, 6
Preston, 4
Carter, 2


Travis' brother, Sean & fiance Jill, took our kids 1st thing in the morning for breakfast and tons of outdoor fun.

No comments: