Thursday, January 22, 2009

11 Years of Wedded bliss


Last Saturday the 17th, Travis & I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. I thought only old people were married 10+ years, I guess we fit the bill now. It just doesn't seem possible that we are old enough for that, but when we watched our wedding video with our kids, Alexis said that "Daddy looks so young" or something to that effect.
It's true that when we were dating & he would come in to see me at workand the guys would ask if that was my little brother...hee hee, how cute...yuck!
We met at Lane Community College in Eugene, OR in 1993, we were biology partners with relational commitments elsewhere so no flirting was taking place & I had no intention of being other than friends with this guy. Later, I was a 3rd wheel with him & his then girlfriend and 4 years later would think it was completely weird to be going out on a date with Travis Daggett. Our first date was to a pool hall & we innocently said good-by at the end since it would've been really gross to kiss a friend. I quickly got over that & 6 months later we were engaged and 6 months after that we were married. Quick you might think, but well OK you'd be right.

Thankfully we both had praying parents & grandparents that I really believe helped guide us & protect us from whatever else is out there. We made a good choice.
I am so glad that we "went through with it" and that day replays in my mind like it was just yesterday. The only thing I regret is not taking my bridesmaids advice and letting them keep the ankle length dress instead of hacking it off to mid-calf. Doesn't every bride go a little crazy with wanting their way since it's their day?



Well, 3 kids later, many moves later & many hard times later I am 100% sure that I married the man of my dreams. He's a good man, that Charlie Brown. What a lucky girl I am!
I am excited to see where another 11 years takes us, wow I'll be 44 by then. Crazy! I know I just told you how old we are, but I'm not embarrassed by my age. I better not be Alexis tells everyone that "my Dad is going to be 34 & my Mom is 33", I'm enjoying my life a lot more in my 30's than I did in my late teens-early 20's, truthfully I really don't ever want to go back to those. Well, I guess but only the times that involve Travis.

No comments: