Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1st Sleepover and 1st Snow of Winter

Well it was last week, but that's pretty good for me posting it so close to the actual event.
I figured I'd get a new post up before adding our yearly letter which I still haven't started yet.

Alexis had her very 1st sleepover last week while school was still out for Christmas break. We had our neighbor, MaKenzie, to stay the night. I also figured it'd be good since they live downstairs that in case she wanted to go home during the middle of the night (which I remember doing), I wouldn't have that far to go to take her home.
Everything was great, they went to sleep with talking or giggling. What kind of girlie sleepover is that? Oh well, I'm sure she'll be doing that soon enough & I'll get tired of going in and saying, "Girls, keep it down". Ya know, in a nice 'sing songy' voice.


That was the day we had our 1st snow of the winter. It came down in whispers in the afternoon and then came down hard & heavy. Earlier in the day I loaned out Alexis' snow clothes to a friend and literally on the way home it started snowing. Oh well, we managed.
It actually stuck and I'm glad we took advantage of it, even though it's so much work to get 4 kids plus 2 adults ready to play in the snow, because by the next day it was slushy and now it's all gone.
We went and played at night, I love snow at night. So quiet & light.
We had a great time and got to stay up late, that must be why the girls went to sleep in like 5 minutes.


We have a new borrowed camera & this was the 1st time using it so I didn't have it all figured out yet, so I apologize for the exposure.

Carter

Makenzie, our friend


Alexis & Charlie

Travis, that was Preston's snowball at him. Good shot.


Preston & Mommy

No comments: