Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alexis & Charlie did the Born 2 Run Challenge





My hip, knee & ankle all were hurting at mile 8 but I finished and beat last years time.

Alexis & I were in the Lane Pregnancy Support Center's 3rd Annual Born 2 Run Challenge.

It was raining & cold, but the rain lifted just long enough and the coolness felt good after awhile.

Alexis did the 5K walk with Uncle Rick & Aunt Sandy Smith (Travis' family) and Charlie did the 15K run.

Alexis thought my goal should've been to win, but my goal was to do better than last year.

I'm not going to brag about my time because, let's be honest, it's nothing to brag about. I finished in the same place as last year, but I did better.

My time was 1hr 36m for 9.3 miles. There are some serious runners out there, how can you run the whole way? I didn't walk much, but I still had to a few times. I do like to run, but I'm not a runner that's for sure.

I don't yet know how much the center raised through this fundraiser, but prayerfully it was above & beyond expectations.

Alexis was excited to do it with her Aunt & Uncle and I'm so glad they were willing to go with her.
Travis' cousins (Janelle & Jason Smith) were also in it and both beat me like crazy. Of course they're just young kids ya know.

Janelle did great, beat me by about 11 minutes and it was her birthday.
Jason, 21, came in 12th overall. Amazing.

Next year I think Travis will probably run the 5K with Alexis. He doesn't like distance running, but I know he'll do it for his little princess.




Aunt Sandy & Uncle Rick Smith with Alexis after crossing the finish line.
Good job team!!


No comments: